[Dovecot] namespaces

Brian Marcotte marcotte at panix.com
Sat Sep 20 02:12:10 EEST 2003

I'm using dovecot-0.99.11-test9, and still have one problem with namespaces:

> > Maybe if [location in namespace section] wasn't set it could use the
> > one from userdb.
>
> These are in CVS now.

I tried this (no "location" setting):

  namespace private {
    separator = .
    prefix = INBOX.
    inbox = yes
  }

I was able to log in using the userdb, but it didn't use the mailbox path
I specified in the userdb. It instead was searching other places for the
folders like ~/Maildir, ~/mail and many other things.

When I specified a "location", everything worked including finding the
inbox, but that's not an option I have for my mail servers.

Despite the above issue, I've rolled out dovecot on some of our shell
machines as an option (alternate port). This is a subset of our users, but
also the ones most likely to benefit from Dovecot's indexes. The results
have been very promising so far. Mutt and pine are now blazingly fast!

Thanks again!

--
- Brian