[Dovecot] Multiple instances of .customflags staying open

Charlie Brady charlieb-dovecot at e-smith.com
Thu Sep 25 12:51:33 EEST 2003

Hi Ron!

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Ron wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 02:57:03 +0300 Timo Sirainen (Timo Sirainen
> <tss at iki.fi>) said:
>
> > Hmh. I guess INDEX=MEMORY doesn't work too well. I can't reproduce
> > this myself though. Do you use multiple clients, or does your client
> > use multiple IMAP connections?

I wonder why INDEX=MEMORY is being used at all. IIRC, Ron said it was RH
standard config.

> > Can you check if the UIDVALIDITY really changes in the file? It's the
> > middle number in first line of dovecot-uidlist file.
>
> Before creating the new message;
> 282 1064450999.P20289Q9M323521.the-system
>
> After sending, but failing;
> 282 1064450999.P20289Q9M323521.the-system

I don't see how swnding mail has anything to do with dovecot. That's a
transaction between your mail client and your SMTP daemon.

Timo, Ron has an strace of the imap process if you need any further
confirmation of the location of the fd leak. But it looks like you've
found it anyway.

--
Charlie