[Dovecot] Feature request: more log info/stats

Mark E. Mallett mem at mv.mv.com
Fri Apr 16 19:04:55 EEST 2004

> Feature request:
> More extensive session information and statistics in the logs.

Yep- I think this is a common suggestion :-)

Not to mention some more information in the entries that report errors.
For example, when I see

    Apr 16 07:11:26 mercury dovecot-auth: passwd(xxxxx): unknown user

repeated 10,000 times, I would like to have a handle on what IP address
that login is coming in on, so I can call the person and get the problem
fixed.

Ditto with the "disconnected" or "aborted" or whatever-- some way to
tie the reports to the source or the login.

mm