[Dovecot] Envelope From changed - why?

Amelia A Lewis amyzing at talsever.com
Tue Apr 27 17:49:51 EEST 2004

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 03:53:39PM +0300, Tom Alsberg wrote:
>That's possible.  But I'd prefer it if when COPYing a message, it
>would just copy the "From " line verbatim as well, and not get into
>this trouble, even though I see now that the content should normally
>be the same (leave those semantics to the MTA...).

Okay, so this is the IMAP COPY command, right?

Why are you putting mbox "From " lines into my maildir?

If dovecot is the source, how does it know what format the target mailbox is
in?  Should dovecot instances communicate with one another?

Is this only for mailboxes that a single dovecot instance is in charge of?
So the move, although issued as IMAP, should behave differently for a move
between two mailboxes on one server than it does between mailboxes on two
servers?

If dovecot is moving messages from one folder (that it "owns") to another
folder (that it "owns"), how much of the format-specific information should
be copied, if it has been instructed to do an IMAP copy?  When does the
difference in semantics between a server-internal IMAP COPY versus an
inter-server IMAP COPY become anti-intuitive?

Amy!
--
Amelia A. Lewis                    amyzing {at} talsever.com
Yankees are compelled by some mysterious force to imitate Southern