[Dovecot] Dovecot Courier

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Aug 6 18:36:22 EEST 2004

On 3.8.2004, at 18:43, Michael Baird wrote:

> I've also tried putting the INBOX:/var/export/%h/.maildir in there as
> well with no luck. I essentially want .INBOX to be .maildir, and any
> subfolders would be called .Sent or .Trash or whatever, like in
> courier,
> is this possible?

This is because with Courier you had set client's namespace prefix to
"INBOX." which isn't needed with Dovecot. So clients try to create
"INBOX.Sent" instead of just "Sent". The fix would be to remove the
namespace prefix from clients. Alternatively you could make Dovecot use
INBOX namespace like Courier, but this is possible only with 1.0-tests.