[Dovecot] Dovecot Local Delivery Agent

Mark E. Mallett mem at mv.mv.com
Sat Aug 7 07:25:31 EEST 2004

On Sat, Aug 07, 2004 at 04:41:42AM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 7.8.2004, at 01:21, Mark E. Mallett wrote:
>
> >   (I have an LDA whose scripting language includes an embedded SIEVE
> >    syntax, and I do plan to make it dovecot-friendly once I get up
> >some
> >    more steam for another round of working on it.  See www.mvmf.org if
> >    you are curious; apologies if it's rude to mention it here again.)
>
> I liked it's features last I looked, but it was also non-open source at
> least then. Are you going to change it sometimes soon?

That's probably just a result of my poor communications skills.  I did
include very brief LICENSE and FUTURE files with the sources, and those
files probably led you to that conclusion.  For clarification, I do
intend that the program be open source, but I feel that there are some
things that I should still finish up myself before foisting it off on
any potential contributers.  It's not a matter of "I don't want you to
have it" -- it's more a matter of "I don't feel right burdening you with
filling in holes just yet" (for the generic "you").  (That makes it
sound like it's not usable: it's quite usable right now.  There are just
features still left to add.)

Plus, as with many other packages and maintainers, I just want to
control any official version.

mm