[Dovecot] Newbie about Mbox or Maildir

alan premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Tue Aug 10 09:43:40 EEST 2004

Zoong Pham wrote:

> [...]

More specifically, this is related to your local delivery agent (LDA).
Although I'm not extremely familiar with default OpenBSD installations,
it's been typical for default RedHat installations (up to and including
RH 9) to have sendmail installed and configured to use procmail for its LDA.

while recent versions of procmail can support maildir format, it
defaults to using mbox format.

alan