[Dovecot] authentication documentation

Curtis Maloney cmaloney at cardgate.net
Tue Aug 17 10:53:29 EEST 2004

Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> | Just my two cents:  as much documentation with the source tarball as you
> | can is preferable, imho.  It's often faster and easier for me (and
> | probably others) to grep the doco than to get to a browser.
>
> Using wiki to write documentation does not (necessarily) leave it out of
> the distributed tarball.

My main concern was the suggestion at the end of Tom's paragraph, to cut down
the doco in the tarball, and furnish it with a URL.

> I welcome the possibility for others to help Timo write the
> documentation. What I read above is a request for Timo to remember
> including (a snapshot of) the documentation with each tarball published.

Absolutely, a snapshot would be excellent... however, again (without wanting to
sound too old fashioned :) so long as there's a plain text version.  I can read
HTML fine, but it can really slow things down, you know? :)

--
Curtis