[Dovecot] Dovecot stop accepting command When reading disk quota (soft)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Aug 23 08:27:28 EEST 2004

On 21.8.2004, at 12:56, Chan Min Wai wrote:

> I've face some problem here and I think it should be the way.
>
> 1) I'm running Dovecot version 0.99.10.4 (fc1 release) on RH9
> 2) One of the users have reach the soft disk quota limits
> 3) Dovecot stop the users from deleting email.
>
> What I think was, dovecot should let the user continue to use the
> services until it reach the hard limits, but pop up message each and
> every time ;).

Dovecot doesn't know about disk quotas. It complains about disk space
when it can't write to disk. So looks like the user did hit hard
limits.

Sending warnings after hitting soft quota would be possible I guess,
but it's very operating system specific feature so it should rather be
done with a plugin. And someone else can implement that :)