[Dovecot] Strange behavior

DR donca at ventrue.sytes.net
Tue Aug 31 10:41:34 EEST 2004

Hi,

I'm using dovecot under fedora core 2. Nearly everything seems to work.
Dovecot was easily to configure and is a really smart program.

BUT ...

I figured out a problem. Whenever I fetch my mails (pop3s) using Outlook,
TheBat or Pegasus, the mails on the server will not be marked as read.
Sometimes I don't have a nice GUI mail client, than I use pine (I love it,
but I won't feed the trolls ;-)). All messages, which I have already
received are marked as new in pine or my webinterface squirrelmail.

It seems, that dovecot doesn't mark the messages as read after fetching
them. There are no strange entries in the logs, nothing which seems to be
mysterious. Can anyone help me? This problem teases me.

Cheers,

DuRu