[Dovecot] IMAP - many folders?

Reuben Farrelly reuben-dovecot at reub.net
Fri Dec 3 07:19:03 EET 2004

Hi,

At 04:55 p.m. 3/12/2004, Timo Sirainen wrote:

>>Means a few more opendir/closedir operations.
>
>At some point I'll probably implement mailbox list indexes which could
>reduce them.
>
>I've also some plans to separate the directory layout and mailbox formats
>so you could use either one, or do some stranger things such as mboxes in
>maildir++ layout.

What I would muchly like to see soon, is a means of forcing the re-indexing
to occur at a convenient time, rather than when the Maildir is first
read.  Ideally also as part of this, a way of manually checking the
validity of the index files and then recreating them as required.

It'd make testing of the -test releases much easier, as I could wipe all
the indexes and recreate them straight away without having the performance
hit when the users first re-read their mailboxes.

Reuben