[Dovecot] Re: Lost BODY message

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Dec 8 02:44:54 EET 2004

Tom,

My environment is postfix, procmail, bogofilter, and Sylpheed-Claws and
I had something like that on Sunday.

While reading mail, I noticed a "no subject" message, which often means
spam.  However this was in a user folder, not the spam folder. When I
looked at the file (in its MH directory), it appeared to be truncated at
the end of the Received: header line.  It's not at all clear what
happened.  My procmailrc does the following (roughly):

1) save a copy of every incoming message (before any filtering) in
mail.backup.mbx. That copy was fine.

2) bogofilter then runs and adds its X-Bogosity line.

3) if spam, copy the message to spam.bogofilter.mbx and deliver it to
the admin account, and stop

4) if unsure, copy the message to unsure.bogofilter.mbx

5) deliver the message to the recipients mbox

Sylpheed-Claws then retrieves messages for (several) users.

_All_ copies of the message on the server were fine.  The only bad copy
was on my workstation.  Didn't see any abnormal occurrences in the logs.

In any case, I've got my eyes peeled for another occurrence.

Regards,

David