[Dovecot] When the 1.0 release is planed?

Wouter Van Hemel wouter-dovecot at fort-knox.rave.org
Thu Dec 9 21:33:29 EET 2004

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Andrew Velikoredchanin wrote:

> Paul Reilly:
>>> When the 1.0 release is planed?
>>>

>> See my message about 3 emails back.
>> Approx Spring 2005.
>> Paul
>
> I check dovecot for usage on production server (pop3/pop3s and may by
> imap/imaps). With version 0.99.12 and userdb in mysql I get error when try
> connect :(. But in 1.0-test56 this work correct.
>
> What part of 1.0-test now not fully tested?

For me, the latest test releases have been pretty stable. But if you're
not going to offer imap, you might as well run a simple pop server such as
popa3d (http://www.openwall.com/popa3d/). It's quite secure AFAIK -- at
least, it's written by Solar Designer and uses a multiple-fork model.

But it probably would help dovecot if you would give the test releases a
try, the last bugs (if any) are hardest to find. That way, you would have
a stable dovecot sooner.