[Dovecot] PostgreSQL user database

Marco Herrn marco at mherrn.de
Thu Dec 9 23:03:34 EET 2004

Hi,

I am using postgresql for my password and user databases. The problem
is, that the information needed in the user database is held in more
than one table. But it seems to me that dovecot expects to get all the
information for mailbox, uid, gid and home in _one_ query. Is there a
way to get around this? Maybe even getting some of this information by
another way than pgsql (this is more a rethorical question, since I
have this information in the DB, but sometimes it is useful to get,
for example the location of the mailbox by another way than the uid
and gid).

But my primary question is if I can set these fields in different
queries.

Regards
Marco
--
Every word is like an unnecessary stain on silence and nothingness.
--
(GnuPG/PGP-encrypted mail preferred)       _;\ _.\ _.';;) ;,;_/;
Key ID: 0x94620736                  _  _'./_\('))_; );/\)}/`fsc