[Dovecot] KMail + dovecot

Curtis Maloney cmaloney at cardgate.net
Thu Dec 16 01:02:27 EET 2004

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Is anyone running docecot on a home LAN.
> to give an IMAP feed to other machines on the LAN?

Why yes, yes I am!  As well as at work, for about 25 people.

> I am running dovecot on my desktop, alfred.
> I want to collect email on my laptop, william, using KMail.

This sounds awfully familiar :)

> I don't see any error message anywhere,
> but when I click on File=>Check mail in dovecot
> it says "Checking account dovecot for new mail".
> but nothing appears to happen.
>
> Any suggestions or advice gratefully received.

I was using KMail with Dovecot for some time without problems.  I believe I
suggested last time you check if KMail is subscribed to all the folders (even
if it's only INBOX) on the IMAP server.

--
Curtis Maloney