[Dovecot] Just delete that index

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Dec 19 07:40:41 EET 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 05:02 -0500, Doug Luce wrote:
> I get a few messages of this ilk each day:
>
> Dec 16 01:56:31 aurora dovecot: IMAP(doug): Corrupted index cache file
> /home/doug/Maildir/.users.joe/dovecot.index.cache: indexid changed

That is not an error, but it usually happens because of an error.
Doesn't it say anything else? It basically means that dovecot.index file
was recreated for some reason (it was corrupted or deleted).

One day I'll get rid of that error message unless the change really was
unexpected..

> I usually address this by deleting dovecot.* in the directory of issue.  I
> was thinking that I could instead just have the server delete these files
> and attempt to recreate them, and skipping that error message unless the
> re-created files are also corrupted.

Deleting the files shouldn't make any difference, because that message
just said they were recreated. Or does it keep breaking unless they are
deleted?