[Dovecot] moving messages with bash

Todd Slater dontodd at columbus.rr.com
Wed Dec 22 04:03:49 EET 2004

I use bogofilter and a script or two to manage junk mail on my home box
(fetchmail from POP3, postfix and procmail to local maildirs, mutt for
MUA). Since these mails are just files I figured it never mattered that
I moved them from one folder to another via a bash script, but some
posts on this list make me think I shouldn't do that on a server running
dovecot (IMAP).

What I currently have is a MakeJunk folder (maildir) that I drop spam that
was missed into, then a cron job runs mail in that folder through bogofilter
and moves it to a Junk folder. Is it sane to do that with simple mv, or
do I need to use some special imap command?

Confused,
Todd