[Dovecot] LDAP configuration

Giacomo Cariello jwk at bug.it
Tue Feb 17 22:05:20 EET 2004

Hello,
I've just installed dovecot to replace courier-imap and I've found out it
didn't support some of the typical LDAP userPassword schemes, so I've
written some based on OpenSSL API. Furthermore I noticed that the MD5 one
seems broken. If it isn't a requirement to ship its own implementation of a
crypto algorithm, I would send in a patch to replace schema checks with
those based on libcrypto.

I also noticed that if I try connecting to an account that doesn't contain
a real maildir (es. maildir:%h/.mail, but .mail doesn't exist), the imap
segv's.
I suppose it would be cool to ship a maildirmake program and have imap use
it whenever necessary, if a flag allows it to do so.

Giacomo Cariello, jwk at bug.it
KeyID: 3072/1024/0x409C9044
Fingerprint: 7984 10FD 0460 4202 BF90 3881 CDE4 D78E 409C 9044

"Put that mic in my hand and let me kick out the jams!" - MC5