[Dovecot] Pam trouble

Alex S Moore asmoore at edge.net
Wed Feb 25 15:39:54 EET 2004

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:09:58 +0100
Benjamin Dabelow <benja.dabelow at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> I'm using OpenLDAP, but I think it's a pam rather than ldap problem.
> Dovecot check for the existance of a user alright, but fails when
> checking the password.

Sorry, I know nothing of Solaris nss_ldap library integration with
OpenLDAP.  Here is a sample of my pam.conf, if that helps, but it is setup
for Solaris 9 native ldap.

My dovecot server is slightly different.  It is Solaris 8 hitting a Solaris
9 native ldap server with TLS.

# login service (explicit because of pam_dial_auth)
#
login	auth requisite		pam_authtok_get.so.1
login	auth required		pam_dhkeys.so.1
login	auth required		pam_dial_auth.so.1
login	auth binding		pam_unix_auth.so.1 server_policy
login	auth required		pam_ldap.so.1

Do you have another non-Sun application working with your authentication
setup?

Is the pldd output on a pop3-login process similar to the following?  This
is on Solaris 8, so on Solaris 9 you can replace sldaputil.so.5 and
libsldap.so.1 with sldaputil.so.1 and libldap.so.5 and nss_ldap.so.1 may
not be in the list.

[root at mcsun3 /tmp]# pldd 13257
13257:	pop3-login
/opt/csw/lib/libssl.so.0.9.7
/opt/csw/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.7
/usr/lib/libdl.so.1
/usr/lib/libsocket.so.1
/usr/lib/libnsl.so.1
/usr/lib/librt.so.1
/usr/lib/libsendfile.so.1
/usr/lib/libc.so.1
/usr/lib/libmp.so.2
/usr/lib/libaio.so.1
/usr/lib/nss_files.so.1
/usr/lib/nss_ldap.so.1
/usr/lib/sldaputil.so.5
/usr/lib/libsldap.so.1
/usr/lib/libmd5.so.1
/usr/lib/libdoor.so.1
[root at mcsun3 /tmp]#

Sorry, I have not spent any time on OpenLDAP.

Alex