[Dovecot] help: The current command did not succeed. The mail server responded: Invalid mask.

Bodo Gelbe bgelbe at gwdg.de
Tue Feb 24 16:31:55 EET 2004

Am tryin to move from uw-imapd to dovecot, using dovecot ver 0.99.10.4.
Reading with Mozilla Mail v 1.4.

I made some test accounts and they seem to be working fine, but my older
existing accounts give error messages whenever I connect or subscribe to
mailboxes within them.  The message that appears on the client is:

"The current command did not succeed. The mail server responded: Invalid
mask."

it appears two or three times in an alert box (on windows) then everything
seems to work.

The masks (I've put a syslog call into the code) are: "~%", "~%~%" and
"~*". The test accounts I created don't have this problem.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

--
Bodo Gelbe