[Dovecot] too large imap.index.data files

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Feb 25 19:09:49 EET 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-22 at 23:12, Network Wizards wrote:
> I have noticed that imap.index.data are often too large files (several MiBs).
> Is there a way to limit their size or to shrink dimension

They should be large only if there's lots of mails and they should
shrink automatically when you delete mails.

However in next version they will be somewhat smaller. Currently it
contains all kind of data that client may not be interested in, next
version stores only what clients actually use.

> or to assign
> another directory where those file are stored?

Sven answered this.