[Dovecot] Dovecot and Mulberry

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Feb 25 19:54:50 EET 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 23:56, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> FYI. Does Dovecot implement BODYSTRUCTURE?
..
> Most annoying is that suddenly some incoming mail are parsed wrong, i.e.
> even if the mail has has proper Content-Type: text/plain;
> charset="iso-8859-1" and
> us-ascii. All these =F6 and so on is irritating. The only way remedy the
> problem is to quit mulberry and start again and almost always the email is
> displayed properly. And if the mail that gets misinterpreted is a
> multi-part email mulberry only reports that it has one part. But if you
> view the mail in raw all the parts are there. I've yet to see a pattern in
> then mulberry starts this misinterpretations. Sometimes it is a email from
> pine or a mail from a mailinglist or from outlook or ...

Sounds pretty strange to me. I think Evolution uses BODYSTRUCTURE as
well and I have never seen this kind of problems. But it does sound like
Dovecot sends wrong BODYSTRUCTURE in some cases. And if Mulberry works
after restarting, it means Dovecot sends correct BODYSTRUCTURE next time
or Mulberry does the parsing internally this time.

It would help if you could turn on IMAP logging in Mulberry and send it
to me when this happens again.