[Dovecot] dovecot and evolution

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jan 13 13:43:32 EET 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 11:11, Farkas Levente wrote:
> hi,
> in evo when I open my mailbox INBOX is in the middle of my foder list.
> it seems evo sort folders  alphanumericaly and eg Drafts is before
> INBOX. is there any way to put the inbox as the first folder? it very
> annoying:-(

Yes, it's pretty stupid. My mailbox names all begin with lowercase
letter, so INBOX is the first in the list :) Anyway, this is Evolution's
internal behaviour so Dovecot can't change it.

> ps. anyway what is the status of the new indexing code and the thread
> view bug?
> thanks.

I've been promising to get new indexing code to work at the beginning of
February, hopefully I'm able to do that :) Next actual release then
probably at the end of February.

The indexing code itself is about 80% implemented, next big thing is
that most of maildir/mbox handling code needs rewriting..

very old mails and gets kind of lost. If I change that behaviour I'll
break RFC compatibility. There was some talk about adding some new
extension to THREAD to change it's behaviour, but no-one's tried to push
it recently.