[Dovecot] Migrating from UW: mbx detection and conversion

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Thu Jan 29 20:21:02 EET 2004

I want to migrate my big mail folder hierarchy in preparation for converting
from UW-IMAP to Dovecot. I've got a bunch of mbx format folders but some
remain mbox. Has anyone done this? Any scripts out there for automating the
conversion to all-mbox?

I believe the only format conversion available is mailutil (part of UW-IMAP)
and it works by opening an IMAP connection to the server and moving messages
from one folder to the other. Is there any simpler method?