[Dovecot] Migrating from UW: mbx detection and conversion

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Thu Jan 29 22:12:21 EET 2004

Kenneth Porter wrote:

> --On Thursday, January 29, 2004 2:44 PM -0500 Joshua Frigerio <joshua at uic.edu>
> wrote:
>

>>I'm using the script from
>>
>>  http://batleth.sapienti-sat.org/projects/mb2md/
>

> This converts mbox to maildir. I'm looking for mbx to mbox.

I'm faced with the exact same problem at a client site.  Unfortunately,
all you can do is use mbxcvt from the UW utilities kit to convert
mbx->mbox then use mb2md to finish the conversion to maildir.

it sucks, it's horrible, it's really ugly but it's a side effect of the
politics of mailbox formats.  BUT dovecot is so wonderful it makes it
all worthwhile.

I'm just hoping that Timo gets the mbox support fixed RSN.

---eric

--
Speech recognition in use.  Incorrect endings, words, and case is
closer than it appears