[Dovecot] SpamAssassin

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Thu Jan 29 23:28:50 EET 2004

--On Thursday, January 29, 2004 11:16 PM +0200 Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>
wrote:

> I don't yet really even want Dovecot to be too well known, it's not
> ready yet. When 1.0 comes (this spring I hope) I'll start publicizing it
> more. After that I should only need to add new features - existing ones
> should be perfect and better than anyone else's ;)

Just a heads-up, then.

A regular FAQ on the SA-Talk list is how to integrate SA into someone's
IMAP/POP3 server, and once Dovecot gets popular, you'll start seeing that
question here.

I run SA from sendmail via MIMEDefang (to reject the egregious stuff), and
from procmail on delivery (to tag and quarantine the borderline stuff). I'm
not sure why people would use it in the IMAP server, but the question does
come up.