[Dovecot] State of MySQL authentication

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Jan 30 00:21:12 EET 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 14:48, Ian Armstrong  wrote:
> I am looking for a pop3 server that can authenticate via MySQL. It also
> needs to be able to do a POST_LOGIN_QUERY. I want to be able to update a
> "date" field in the database, so that I can see which accounts are active,
> and which are not.
>
> Please let me know more about Dovecot and MySQL.

There's MySQL patch for Dovecot somewhere in this list's archives. It
will be included in next release.

Dovecot will ask two queries from SQL server. First is "select
password", second is for asking all kind of user information. I think
you should be able to use ';' separator there to separate the actual
query and your post-login-query. Something like:

user_query = SELECT home, uid, gid FROM users WHERE userid = '%u';update table set foo = 'bar' where userid = '%u'

If it doesn't work, I guess adding support for post-login-query would be useful.