[Dovecot] 1.0-test25 with new cache file code

Juergen Daubert Juergen.Daubert at t-online.de
Mon Jul 5 23:14:22 EEST 2004

On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 01:47:28AM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> http://dovecot.org/test/
>
> Pretty much the only change since test24 is a redesign of how cache
> file writing works. Reading works as before - without locks.

Doesn't work for me here.

Starting test25 with a mailbox having indexes gererated with
test24:

 Dovecot v1.0-test25 starting up
 imap-login: Login: juergen [192.168.0.1]
 child 26007 (imap) killed with signal 11

Ok, that's not the point, because after deleting all indexes
I can open small mboxes with around 50 email without problems.

But, if I try to open bigger ones (>200 emails), the imap
process hangs with 100% cpu usage. This seems to happen after
81920 bytes written to dovecot.index.cache, this is the value
I got for different mboxes ?

Back to test24 for now, which works really perfect for me ;)

Greetings
Jürgen

juergen.daubert at t-online.de