[Dovecot] UID Error on Test 24 and 25

Doug Eubanks doug at simflex.com
Wed Jul 7 15:55:23 EEST 2004

I started testing Dovecot 1.0 Test 22! I loved the performance improvements, althought dovecot has been
very fast for us from the beginning.

However, now I am testing test 24 and 25, and I am seeing these errors in the dovecot log and
squirrelmail is giving me a

ERROR : Connection dropped by imap-server.
Query: STATUS "Mailing Lists.SpamAssassin" (MESSAGES UNSEEN RECENT)

This is the dovecot error from the log file

dovecot: Jul 07 08:52:33 Info: imap-login: Login: admin [208.*.*.*]
dovecot: Jul 07 08:52:33 Error: IMAP(admin): file mail-index-view.c: line 286 (_view_lookup_uid_range):
assertion failed: (first_uid > 0)
dovecot: Jul 07 08:52:33 Error: child 12469 (imap) killed with signal 6

The user I am loggin in with has a uid and gid of 501, not 0!  I am using passwd and shadow auth with
Maildirs.

If anyone has any pointers, they would greatly be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Doug Eubanks
doug at simflex.com

Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc

*** DISCLAIMER ***
This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain information, which is confidential and/or protected
by intellectual property rights and are intended for the sole use of the recipient(s) named above. Any
use of the information contained herein (including, but not limited to, total or partial reproduction,
communication or distribution in any form) by persons other than the designated recipient(s) is
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender either by telephone or
by e-mail and delete the material from any computer. Thank you for your cooperation.