[Dovecot] a yum install with mysql support??

alex at alution.com alex at alution.com
Fri Jul 9 07:46:06 EEST 2004

Hello,

Well im guessing i have already answered this question myself. Im using
FC1 and installed dovecot the easy way (yum install dovecot)

It has stated that it installed version 0.99.10.5 and from what I have
looked at in the mailing list archives, this version SHOULD have mysql
authentication support. However what I don´t know is if by installing the
yum package it will allow this support.

Im guessing that I will have to install it the real way, as if I take a
look in the logs, it states...

dovecot-auth: "Jul 09 00:37:38 "Fatal: Unknown userdb type 'mysql'
dovecot: "Jul 09 00:37:38 "Error: Auth process died too early - shutting
down
dovecot: "Jul 09 00:37:38 "Error: child 31532 (auth) returned error 89

Am i correct in thinking this? Or is there something else a miss??

Thanks
Alex