[Dovecot] 0.99.10.7-rc1

Christian Balzer chibi at gol.com
Tue Jul 13 16:07:37 EEST 2004

Hello,

Timo wrote:
>On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 14:51, Christian Balzer wrote:
>> Actually, have a look at:
>> http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2004-June/003770.html
>>
>> I presumed it was the client hanging up w/o dovecot realizing whats
>> going on. Reading that bug description it might have been the other
>> way around, or what does the man who actually can read the code think? ;)
>
>Ah, ok. The abortion was probably because of that, but the error message
>about locking was because another session was trying to access the same
>mailbox at the same time.

Right. Well, sort of. That lock persists for minutes, certainly longer
than 30 seconds. Unless the client realizes that it has been cut off
and retries again and again and thus keeps the lock active basically
all the time.
Alas, if it was dovecot which did cut the connection, shouldn't
it have also released the lock at the same time? Or was/is that
shortcoming part of the bug?

Regards,

Christian Balzer
--
Christian Balzer        Network/Systems Engineer                NOC
chibi at gol.com   	Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Network Services