[Dovecot] can't see IMAP folders - Fedora Core 2

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Thu Jul 15 18:21:29 EEST 2004

--On Thursday, July 15, 2004 3:20 PM +1000 David Keegel
<djk at cybersource.com.au> wrote:

> default_mail_env = mbox:~/mail/:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u

I just moved one of my accounts from UW-IMAP to Dovecot and am using
Mulberry for the client. I found I had to change my "display hierarchy"
from "account:mail/*" to "acount:*", because UW-IMAP defaults to starting
the tree from the home directory, but Dovecot can be configured to start
the tree from a specified directory (in the above setting, ~/mail). (This
is a Good Thing.)

(I'd already done this a few months ago for another server, but forgot the
details.)