[Dovecot] Testimonial

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Fri Jul 16 05:20:42 EEST 2004

I just switched my main "library" of over 100 mailboxes from UW-IMAP on a
gutless wonder with 600 BogoMIPS and 200 MB to a box with 2000 BogoMIPS and
1 GB, and also switched from UW-IMAP under RH7.2 to Dovecot under Fedora
Core 2. Using Mulberry on Win2k as the client, it used to take several
minutes to check for new mail in all folders. Now it takes just 2-3
seconds. Opening large folders with 100's of messages used to take a dozen
seconds or more, and is now down to at most a second or so. IMAP is no
longer frustratingly slow. Now to figure out what to do with all my spare
time....