[Dovecot] imap support question

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jul 21 15:18:25 EEST 2004

On 21.7.2004, at 04:28, Tom Allison wrote:

> OK, I'm actually trying to write something which interacts with IMAP.
>
> I'm trying to run the FETCH command and it goes OK, but I'm wondering
> how I might be able to call both RFC822.SIZE and
> BODY[HEADERS.FIELDS(..) in the same call.  Right now I'm only able to
> get this to work with two calls to the server.  I was hoping to avoid
> making two calls.
>
> Any suggestions?

Put them inside paranthesis: fetch 1 (rfc822.size body[..] ...)

It's also a bit difficult to write IMAP compliant client, if you're
intending to handle also the failure/noncommon cases instead of just
writing a temporary kludge to do something. I've been thinking about
creating a protocol that's easy to use for scripting, mostly because
I'd want that myself.