[Dovecot] One final issue

Tom Ray [Lists] lists at blazestudios.com
Thu Jul 22 16:46:38 EEST 2004

This is what I have:

# Protocols we want to be serving:
#  imap imaps pop3 pop3s
protocols = imap pop3

# IP or host address where to listen in for connections. It's not currently
# possible to specify multiple addresses. "*" listens in all IPv4
interfaces.
# "[::]" listens in all IPv6 interfaces, but may also listen in all IPv4
# interfaces depending on the operating system. You can specify ports with
# "host:port".
imap_listen = *
pop3_listen = *

When I run NMAP this is what I get back:

PORT    STATE SERVICE
22/tcp  open  ssh
111/tcp open  rpcbind
143/tcp open  imap

Now the only time I need to uncomment something in the conf file is if I
change it from the default settings, correct? Do I need to have anything
setup in my xinetd.d directory?