[Dovecot] Dovecot auth problem on FreeBSD 4.10

Viren Patel virenp at cm.utexas.edu
Thu Jul 22 17:38:35 EEST 2004

Hello. I am trying to setup Dovecot on an Alpha running FreeBSD
4.10. I am simply trying the imap/pop3 protocols at this time. But
with both protocols the log message I get is:

   pop3-login: fd_send(5) failed: Bad file descriptor
   dovecot: child 275 (login) returned error 89

or

   imap-login: fd_send(5) failed: Bad file descriptor
   dovecot: child 275 (login) returned error 89

I have tried various combinations of:

   auth = default|plain|pam
   auth_userdb = passwd
   auth_passdb = passwd|shadow|pam|passwd-file

but nothing works. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Viren Patel
University of Texas at Austin