[Dovecot] Re: Bug? 1.0.0-test28 NFS locking problems

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Fri Jul 23 02:40:20 EEST 2004

Tim Southerwood <ts at doc.ic.ac.uk> writes:

> Don't  know why yet - I assume it's unimplemented in the Solaris NFS
> dialect?

I don't think so. I've run your program in these combinations, with two
different hosts for each run:

Solaris 2.8 NFS client <-> Solaris 2.8 NFS server
  Linux 2.4 NFS client <-> Solaris 2.8 NFS server
Solaris 2.8 NFS client <-> Linux 2.4 NFS server.

In all cases, the screen output was:

Locked with F_SETLKW
Sleeping - try to lock same file from second process
[half a minute paused]
File closed

Is there anything special WRT share options in your /etc/dfs/dfstab?

--
Matthias Andree

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)