[Dovecot] Re: Bug? 1.0.0-test28 NFS locking problems

Tim Southerwood ts at doc.ic.ac.uk
Fri Jul 23 14:46:36 EEST 2004

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 01:40:20 +0200
Matthias Andree <matthias.andree at gmx.de> wrote:

> Tim Southerwood <ts at doc.ic.ac.uk> writes:
>
> > Don't  know why yet - I assume it's unimplemented in the Solaris NFS
> > dialect?
>
> I don't think so. I've run your program in these combinations, with
> two different hosts for each run:
>
> Solaris 2.8 NFS client <-> Solaris 2.8 NFS server
>   Linux 2.4 NFS client <-> Solaris 2.8 NFS server
> Solaris 2.8 NFS client <-> Linux 2.4 NFS server.
>
> In all cases, the screen output was:
>
> Locked with F_SETLKW
> Sleeping - try to lock same file from second process
> [half a minute paused]
> File closed
>
> Is there anything special WRT share options in your /etc/dfs/dfstab?

Hello Matthias,

Now that's very interesting. I shall examine this in more detail. All
our Solaris servers have the same setup and I didn't do it - so my
initial thought was "Solaris must be weird"!

OK - thanks for the comparative test - I shall look into this.

One thing: I can't initially see any odd options set in our Solaris
dfstab - the only two options set are:

"nosuid"
and "root" for a few backup servers

Do you have anything different in your 2.8 solaris server?

Cheers

Tim

--
Tim J Southerwood
Senior Programmer

--
Mr Tim J Southerwood
Senior Programmer
Email personal: ts at dionic.net work: ts at doc.ic.ac.uk
Tel home: +44 (0)1892 824850 mobile: +44 (0)7739-902439 work: +44
(0)20-759-48392