[Dovecot] Errors with a blackberry

Jeremy Sanders jss at ast.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jul 28 13:43:21 EEST 2004

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-07-27 at 17:08, Jeremy Sanders wrote:
>> Jul 27 12:30:27 xserv imap-login: Login: testuser [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]
>> Jul 27 12:30:27 xserv imap(testuser): IndexID mismatch for binary tree
>> file /home/testuser/mail//.imap/INBOX/.imap.index.tree
>> Jul 27 12:30:27 xserv imap(testuser): IndexID mismatch for binary tree
>> file /home/testuser/mail//.imap/INBOX/.imap.index.tree
>> Jul 27 12:30:27 xserv imap(testuser): IndexID mismatch for modify log
>> file /home/testuser/mail//.imap/INBOX/.imap.index.log
>
> These aren't actually errors. It means the main index file was just
> recreated and the other files were now recreated too. The real error
> message which caused the index to destroy itself was probably earlier.

It looks like you're right. Thanks. Now that we've had a proper play with
the device, it actually seems to work fine. The original errors were
probably because I didn't read the NFS part of the docs before using
dovecot. We're using dovecot as an IMAPS server, and Blackberry's SMTP
service to send the mail.

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Sanders <jss at ast.cam.ac.uk>   http://www-xray.ast.cam.ac.uk/~jss/
X-Ray Group, Institute of Astronomy, University of Cambridge, UK.