[Dovecot] Advice on converting from Mbox to Maildir?

Dan Stromberg strombrg at dcs.nac.uci.edu
Thu Jun 3 00:12:30 EEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 13:43, Villalovos, John L wrote:

> >> Can procmail support Maildir?
> >
> > I'm using the procmails that come with RHEL3 and FC2 for
> > Maildir folders
> > without any problem.
>
> So how did you setup procmail?
>
> Did you setup a /etc/procmailrc
>
> And then setup a:
>
> DEFAULT=$HOME/Maildir/
>
> line in the file?

I've never used $DEFAULT, though from the sound of it that might be a
good idea.  I just have a procmailrc that delivers things to
$HOME/Maildir/.foldername/ for folders, and $HOME/Maildir/ for the
inbox.  dovecot didn't seem happy without the . in front of the folder
names.  These .'s are not visible from the MUA perspective.

--
Dan Stromberg DCS/NACS/UCI <strombrg at dcs.nac.uci.edu>