[Dovecot] Help: RH9 upgrade (mbox)

Guy Davis davis at guydavis.ca
Wed Jun 9 21:21:58 EEST 2004

I just upgraded my RH9 server with UW-IMAP to Fedora Core 2 and after a
short try with Cyrus, I'm hoping to get Dovecot configured.  My problem
is getting Dovecot to recognize my old mbox mail folders.

It correctly shows the INBOX contents from the /var/spool/mail/davis
mbox.  However, I also had a bunch of mboxes such as:

	/home/davis/Mail/Sent
	/home/davis/Mail/Lists/list1

Reading the documentation, Dovecot indicates it will recognize mbox
files within the ~/mail directory.  So I moved my mail over giving:

	/home/davis/mail/Sent
	/home/davis/mail/Lists/list1

Unfortunately, after restarting Dovecot and restarting my IMAP client
(Mozilla), I don't see anything other than my Inbox.  If I create a file
(/home/davis/mail/.subscriptions) with 'Sent' in it, and restart things
then I can see Inbox and Sent.

This would let me have a single directory with multiple mbox files in
it.  However, I'm not able to get Dovecot to recurse and let me see
mboxes in subfolders such as:

	/home/davis/mail/Lists/list1

As well, when I first connect to Dovecot via Mozilla, I get an error
saying: 'The current command did not succeed.  The mail server replied
"Invalid mask"'.  What does this mean and how do I correct it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Guy