[Dovecot] dovecot newbie question about "invalid key" problem

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jun 10 17:55:13 EEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 13:46, Joakim Verona wrote:
> However, I get an "invalid key/Internal Error" problem when connectiong
> to my INBOX
> with thunderbird.

I don't know what "invalid key" means, but "Internal error" seems to
come from Dovecot. Look for /var/log/mail.log (or something similiar) to
see the real error message.

> The problem seems to be only with INBOX, which I have mapped to
> /var/spool/mail/<username>,
> not my other imap mailboxes.

I'm guessing the problem is that it can't create dotlock. See
http://wiki.dovecot.org/moin.cgi/VarMailDotLock

> Another question: Would it be possible to run uw-imap on one port, and
> dovecot on another?
> Or would that corrupt the mailstores?

It's possible, as long as the locking is set in same way. Both use at
least dotlocking by default which is enough to prevent corruption.