[Dovecot] Scripting

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jun 10 19:09:41 EEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 18:34, Nico De Beer - MWEB wrote:
> You metioned previosely that one can do character translation with postgress

Yes: select password from translate('%d', '.', '_') where userid = '%n';

> with mysql you can also do so but can use it as the table name

"can't"? right, mysql has replace() but it can't be used in same way.

> Is there anyway to write something outside dovecot to do the lookup in say c++

I'm not sure what you're thinking.. You still want the password from
mysql, but without patching Dovecot sources? Maybe with PAM and
(probably patched) pam_mysql module.