[Dovecot] Wishlist item, POP3 welcome message

Christian Balzer chibi at gol.com
Tue Jun 15 05:34:38 EEST 2004

Timo wrote:

>On Mon, 2004-06-14 at 11:26, Christian Balzer wrote:
>> With qpopper you get something like this after a successful login:
>> ---
>> +OK test has 6 visible messages (0 hidden) in 11822 octets.
>> ---
>
>With Dovecot the "+OK" is currently sent by pop3-login process which
>doesn't yet know that.. I don't think this feature alone is worth the
>trouble to move it over to pop3 process. Especially because there is the
>STAT command :)

Totally understood and agreed, I blanked on the STAT, thanks to Brian
to pointing that out as well.

[Pipelining]

Guess I'll wait for that until it's well polished, should not be a big
time saver anyway.

Regards,

Christian Balzer
--
Christian Balzer        Network/Systems Engineer                NOC
chibi at gol.com   	Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Network Services