[Dovecot] 1.0-test17 Maildir bug

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Jun 19 20:33:23 EEST 2004

On Sat, 2004-06-19 at 19:48, Moe Wibble wrote:
> > >sp dovecot: IMAP(moe): file mail-transaction-log.c: line 1159
> > >(mail_transaction_log_sync_lock): assertion failed:
> > >(!log->index->log_locked)
> > >sp dovecot: child 25754 (imap) killed with signal 6
> >
> > But that's not a syncing problem. Fixing this one would only require
> > looking through the code and making sure the assert can't ever happen.
> > Not too difficult once I get around doing it :)
>
> sounds good, lookin' forward to it. ;)

Actually it is a syncing problem, but not like the others. It happens
when Dovecot tries to update maildir (flags, expunges) but finds out
that some file is missing, so it tries to sync the maildir to find it.
Except it is already in the middle of syncing index, so it crashes. Have
to think a while what is the right fix for this.