[Dovecot] Re: 1.0-test21

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Tue Jun 22 18:22:21 EEST 2004

Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> writes:

> Yes, but I/O wait is exactly where the problem is. Your mails aren't
> coming any faster with 0.1% CPU load than with 99% CPU load if I/O is
> the bottleneck.

I'm still waiting for the day when DJB has to admit that his hardware or
OS has cheated on him enabling the write cache defeating f[data]sync()
and that made qmail fast. I wonder if he ever did proper testing with
unplugging his computer while the queue was full with local deliveries :-P

--
Matthias Andree

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95