[Dovecot] 0.99.10.6 -imap flag update problem still present

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jun 28 12:42:34 EEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-24 at 18:12, Hauke Fath wrote:
> >>(1) When new mail is delivered to the inbox, the last read mail(s) change(s)
> >>to "unread". Clients: Eudora 6 (Mac), Mozilla 1.6 (NetBSD, Linux, Win
> >>XP), MS Outlook.
> > Is this with maildir?
>
> No, mbox.

Oh. This all pretty much sounds like Dovecot sees users INBOX as
read-only so it won't modify flags and won't expunge messages.

You could check this with eg. telnet:

telnet localhost imap2
x login user pass
x select inbox

and see if it sends READ-ONLY or READ-WRITE tag.

I think the only reason for it to be treated as read-only is if the file
permissions really are such.