[Dovecot] 1.0 Maildir/mbox

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jun 29 18:44:30 EEST 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-29 at 18:32, Paul Adams wrote:
> Just to confirm, and sorry if I've missed this info somewhere in the
> flurry of messages: dovecot 1.0 will be able to support maildir and mbox
> users simultaneously?

Yes, although at least currently you'll have to create separate
namespaces for it. And user-specific namespaces aren't yet supported,
I'll probably add ~/.dovecotrc which can be used to override that and
some other settings.

Maybe the APIs could also be redesigned so that mixing them could be
done with only symlinks..

Anyway, currently you'd do it like:

namespace private {
  prefix =
  inbox = yes # INBOX is in this namespace
  location = maildir:~/Maildir
}

namespace private {
  prefix = #mbox/