[Dovecot] imap internaldate

Payton payton at repligen.com
Sun Mar 7 07:15:15 EET 2004

I think I found a bug in dovecot which I'm not sure where to fix. (I may
even have found a reference to it in an archived list message from Jul
2003.) Here is the situation:

dovecot (dovecot-0.99.10.4) running with an imap server on an mbox
system is queried by a local client program, like Mail.app, and is
told the "Received" date of the message (presumably sent through
INTERNALDATE), however, that date is being passed on in GMT (-0000)
instead of the server or client's local time zone (EST -0500, in this
case). Maybe it's assumed that the local client will convert this time to
the local zone, but no clients I know actually do that.

Anyone know how/where to fix this? Thanks!
- Payton
- payton at repligen.com