[Dovecot] RE: imap process abends

Alex S Moore asmoore at edge.net
Mon Mar 8 21:59:37 EET 2004

I am trying to setup dovecot imap on a test Solaris 8 box.  I have dovecot
POP3S running fine on another box, but I want to switch to IMAP.

I see a successful login with a message like:
Mar  8 13:22:47 sws601.mcsun.local imap-login: [ID 457029 mail.info] Login:
sunuser1 [192.168.1.17]

Then the Mozilla Mail client gets a message that the server disconnected.
It appears to be from a segfault on the imap process.  Here is the next
message in syslog:
Mar  8 13:22:47 sws601.mcsun.local dovecot: [ID 684838 mail.error] child
14108 (imap) killed with signal 11

On my ldap server, I see all of the appropriate entries for logging in
getting the userdb info.  So I think that I am past the login process, but
I could be wrong.

I setup a maildir environment on this server as follows:
maildir:/export/home/imap/%u:INDEX=/var/indexes/%d/%n
I have a test message to pickup and the maildir folders seem OK to me.

Help, Alex